Monday, November 28, 2011

Blitzen Mini Album

Have you checked out the Bo Bunny Mini Albums?  

They are so terrific!  The different shapes of them make them so fun and I LOVE that they are ready to decorate!!  Isn't it great to start with perfectly coordinated minis that are ready to decorate? 

GOTTA LOVE THAT!

I chose to use the Blitzen Album for these precious pictures of a trip to Santa's Wonderland.

Santa's Wonderland
by Robbie Herring

There are a lot of pages in this mini, so I didn't do close-ups.  I'll be sharing some tips after each of the pages though, so just keep scrolling along.

user posted image

Tips: 
To make the scalloped border stickers follow the curve of the tree, I just used powder to get rid of the sticky backing and then gave a little pinch in the center of each scallop.
Attaching ric rac and trim is easy when you use the right glue!  Use Fabri-Tac by Beacon to attach.  It dries clear and it dries fast! 

user posted image

Tip:
You can see from this picture that there are a LOT of things going on with this album.  Sometimes, using a lot of layers, trims, bows and pop dots can make your album a bit difficult to handle and turn correctly.  If that is the case, the fix is simple!  Just get a larger ring to use at the top. 

user posted image

Tip:
To get the nice white outline on this page, I first used a white Souffle Pen and then added a thin line of glitter glue right over the top.

user posted image

Tip: 
Use foam dots to get the layers on the flower.  I cut and extra flower to give myself 3 layers.  The poinsettias are included in the awesome Noteworthy package.
I only put in four holes, one at each corner, for the black floss border.  Just use tape on the back to keep everything flat. 

user posted image

Tip:
Think about layering similar images.  I really liked how adding the chipboard reindeer using foam dots added interest to this page.  Using foam dots also allowed me to layer the twine and flourish chipboard more easily.

user posted image

Tips:
Use Souflee and Glaze pens to draw on stitches.  I also backe the large tag with patterned paper, so it would look nice when you flip to the next page.
Mix up letter stickers with rub-ons to easily tell the story.

user posted image

Tip:
To make the Blitzen letter stickers show better on the striped background, I stuck them to some lightly inked chipboard letter stickers from the Et Cetera collection.  The fonts are the same, but the size is a bit different so it worked perfectly.

user posted image

Tip: 
The die cut is from the Noteworthy.  Because it is the same on both sides, I just folded it in half so that the other side would look nice, too! 
I made a hole through the album page to attach the brad.  You will see on the other side that I cover the hole with a bow.

user posted image

Tip:
You can see the Noteworthy behind the wreath and see how the bow covers up the hole and the prongs on the brad.

user posted image

Tip:
To attach the twine, just pull up on the heart part of the layered chipboard, tie the twine and use a touch of glue to secure the heart back in place.

user posted image

Tip:
Why not use lots of different alphabets to tell part of the story?  I used Blitzen and Welcome Home stickers.  I also used Blitzen Rub-ons and a couple of misc. rub-ons, too.

user posted image

Tip:
Tie on little extras to the bottoms of bows.  Here I used a little Christmas heart and in other places, I used jingle bells.

user posted image

 Tip:
Don't forget to finish it off!  For the backside, I just used a bit more trim and ribbon and added the date. It's a nice way to add the date or any other little details that you might not have put inside.

Bo Bunny Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper:  Blitzen
Double Dot Paper:  Wild Berry Dot, Aquamarine Dot and Avacado Dot
6x6 Paper Pad:  Blitzen
12x12 Chipboard:  Blitzen and Et Cetera
Layered Chipboard:  Blitzen
Combo Stickers:  Blitzen and Welcome Home
Stickers:  Blitzen
Brads:  Blitzen
Buttons:  Blitzen
Noteworthy:  Blitzen
Rub-ons:  Blitzen
Jewels:  Blitzen and Welcome Home
Double Dot Ribbon:  Wild Berry, Chocolate, Aquamarine and Kiwi

Other Supplies:  Baker's Twine, Jingle Bells, Ric Rac, Pom Pom Trim, Misc. Word Rub-ons.

We invite you to share your mini's and other projects
with us on Facebook! 
We always love to she what your are doing with Bo Bunny!

Thanks for dropping by!

12 comments:

  1. Sorry I have to use the same word.....ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robbie, this is absolutely gorgeous! I can tell you spent so much time on this sweet album! I love all your different layers ,and the photos are so cute! Thank you for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is totally gorgeous and so adorable too, Robbie! I just love the red polka dot ribbon, which matches so perfectly with her bow and dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just beautiful! i would LOVE to know how the paper is placed on the shape!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think I will add "ADORABLE" too. Because it really is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This album is just so cute! Love the shapes and the pps here, and of course, those cute cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooooooo love love love love love this!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Just WOW WOW WOW!!! Robbie.. you are AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mini book. I love to make these. Always endless possibilities, and lots of fun. The "Blitzen" line would be great to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thats my fav abut your books, each page usually is a different shape and gives such a great look. im still wanting the zoology, now this must go on the list too. oh and i adore when you can see the paper but the pic is still the main focus-great job1

    ReplyDelete
  10. This album is so cute. Love that every page is different.

    ReplyDelete